So, 2021 is here and honestly, it took long enough. With the new year upon us, we’ve decided to put together some goals as well as some books on our TBR in 2021. There are so many good books we want to read next year, including new releases and books that have been sitting on our TBR for far too long (5 plus years for many of Amber’s books). We’re both not usually the best TBR followers, but we’re going to try and get through all of these in 2021, plus many more.
We’ve also thrown together some reading, writing, and blogging goals to keep ourselves on track this year. Cause we all know we’re going to need it.
So, here’s our goals and TBR for 2021 and you can look forward to following along with us to see if we succeed at meeting them. Wish us luck!
Samantha’s 2021 TBR
Amber’s 2021 TBR
So, to make these easier we’ve broken our goals down into different areas.
Reading Goals (Amber)
- Read 50 books
- DNF books I don’t like (I am horrible at not doing this and read a lot of books last year I did not like)
- Read 1 bookshelf TBR book a month (These are physical books on my bookshelf, many of which have been there for too many years)
- Read 5 classics (I have read a lot of classics, but there are also a lot I haven’t made it too. Specifically, all of Jane Austen’s books but Pride and Prejudice. I am surprised Samantha hasn’t forced me to read them yet on condition of our friendship – she did this with Gone with the Wind)
- Buy books more intentionally (I tend to buy books cause they’re pretty. I need to buy because I actually want to read them and believe they are 4 to 5 star reads)
Reading Goals (Samantha)
- Read 85 books
- Read more intentionally
- Read 10 books I already own
- Read 3 classics
Writing Goals (Amber)
- Write 75,000 words
- Finish first draft of novel
- Outline new project
Writing Goals (Samantha)
- Write 50,000 words
- Finish one writing project
- Launch TikTok account (You can follow us @bibliomavens for all our book thoughts and lots and lots of book feels)
- Reach 500 followers on blog
- Continue to post 3 times a week
- Grow Pinterest to 1000 followers
- Grow Instagram to 1000 followers
What goals have you set yourself for 2021? How are you planning to meet them?